Saturday, January 17, 2009

Party Time!


I am 27 days old today. Traditionally, most parents will have a 1 month celebration when their child turns 1 month old. Mummy and Daddy decided that there will be one party for their friends today and another for our relatives tomorrow.

After many days of looking around, Mummy and Daddy decided on this place called Chalk Restaurant @ Mount Sophia. It was known previously as Bistro Gaga and Mummy and Daddy had dinner there with Aunty Peggy and Uncle Alex and they liked it. The ambience is cosy and the food tasty. We booked the whole place for tea from 2pm to 6pm. Uncle Marcus, the restaurant owner and also one of the chef, was very nice and arranged for a nice spread of food for us.

I can tell Daddy and Mummy had lots of fun meeting up with friends they haven't met for a while. At some point, it seem like it was their party but I guess Daddy and Mummy really wanted everyone to know that I have arrived. My job was easy, I just slept and woke up occasionally for my milk. I was passed around from aunties to uncles and then back to Daddy or Mummy for their friends and then back to Aunty Jia Ming again for my milk. Some were steady, some were not but all in all I had a good massage.

After the party at Chalk, we continued celebrating at grand godma's place. She wasn't home when we got there so we just made ourselves at home. It was unusual that there wasn't food in grand godma's house so Aunty Daisy cooked maggie noodle for everyone. We left for home at about 10pm.

It was a good day. I received lots of ang pows and more presents... thank you all aunties and uncles for your generosity. :)

No comments: