Thursday, January 15, 2009

Full Month Cake

According to the Chinese tradition, Mummy and Daddy ordered boxes of cakes to be given to elders of the 2 families. This is to announce to everyone that I am doing good after one month and also to celebrate the end of confinement for Mummy and myself, not that we were really confined to the house for the past month.

I was fortunate enough to tag along with Nai Nai, Mummy and Daddy for the almost whole-day event. I was getting a little restless sleeping the whole day at home so it was good that I got some fresh air. We had a total of 38 boxes of cakes to be distributed island wide. Gu Zhe Michelle helped with 5 boxes and we did the rest.

We started with my 3rd great grandaunty who is from Ipoh and visiting her daughter in Tiong Bahru. She was examining my face and trying to see who I resemble more, she concluded I look more like Mummy with only some parts like Daddy. She also likes my long fingers as she says I can grab more from the world in future... :)

There was also 7th great grandaunty who was jumping, literally, when she saw me. Daddy told me he used to stay with this aunty when he was born and spent his confinement with Nai Nai at her house. Unfortunately she has developed some sickness and couldn't really speak but she was obviously elated seeing Nai Nai and all of us.

We also went to Outram Park, Icon at Tanjong Pagar, Queenstown, Farrer Road, Thomson Road, Yio Chu Kang, Newton, Geylang, Katong and finally ended with Bedok. All in all, we spent almost 6 hours driving around and distributing cakes. Daddy was pooped by the time we got back.

No comments: