Tuesday, January 27, 2009

CNY Day 2

The second day of Chinese New Year is usually to visit Mummy and Daddy's good friends. This year, we were only making 2 stops as Daddy doesn't think it is a good idea to move me too much. We started with lunch at Aunty Lynn's house. This year, she had more friends at her place as she invited her friends from her church. As usual, the spread of food is simply amazing at her house. Daddy and Mummy had mee siam, kueh pieti, sashimi, Turkish rice, beef stew and all the new year goodies. All these goodies were prepared by Aunty Lynn together with her trusted helper, Aunty Daisy. We spend the whole afternoon there. Actually we spend half the afternoon in Aunty Lynn's room as Mummy had to express her milk and then put me to sleep.

In the evening, we went to Uncle Benny's place at Branksome Road. Apparently Uncle Benny has been inviting loads of friends to his place on the second day of CNY for dinner for many years now. He will usually have a marquee over his garden to house about 10 tables and will catered food for almost 150 people. Friends of his take this opportunity to meet up once a year.

While Aunty Lynn was feeding me my milk, she discovered that I was able to hold my bottle when it was not too heavy. Daddy and Mummy were most impressed with me. I have a funny feeling they want me to hold my bottle and feed myself soon. We shall see....

No comments: