Friday, December 26, 2008

My First Boxing Day..

I wonder why there is a Boxing Day right after Christmas Day. I always thought maybe there was a special big fight in the boxing ring to start off the boxing season. However, Daddy told me that Boxing Day dates back to past centuries when it was the custom for the wealthy to give gifts to employees or to people in a lower social class, most especially to household servants and other service personnel. As such, the name 'Boxing Day' originates from the tradition of putting gifts in boxes for the less fortunate. Wow, I learn something new everyday....

Mummy has been having a hard time trying to express milk for me. She has been battling with the pump since the second day after my birth. But I hear many aunties telling her it is normal for the first few days to have very little milk, so she perseveres.

Cindy Yee Yee came over to visit me today and she brought along Faith Zhe Zhe. Cindy Yee Yee is a nurse and she was trying to help Mummy massage her breast so she will feel more comfortable and have more milk. True enough, after the massage, Mummy suddenly felt the milk ducts open up and lo and behold, there is now enough milk for me and no need for any more powdered mixtures. Thank you Cindy Yee Yee for making Mummy an offical Daisy Cow! :)

Aunty Jia Ming noticed that I have a slight jaundice problem, especially obvious was my eye white which is slightly yellowish. She suggested Nai Nai buy some Wong Guo Zhai so I can bathe in it. Can these simple yellow fuits really help me get rid of the jaundice? I remember some of my friends in Gleneagles had to be placed under the warm light to get rid of the jaundice. Now all I have to do is bathe in some yellow fuits? We shall see tomorrow if it helped.

Daddy was watching soccer with Yeh Yeh and Gu Jeong San. Apparently Daddy and Gu Jeong are Man U fans while Yeh Yeh is a Liverpool fan. When I grow up, I will have to pick a club to support... maybe Real Madrid just to be on the safe side....

No comments: