Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hello World....


It has been three days since I last blogged and that's because I was busy getting used to my new environment.

Mummy was wheeled into the operating theatre at 0800hr on 21st Dec 2008. Daddy followed as he wanted to be there when I come out. I don't think Daddy was nervous, he was probably just very excited to see me soon. At 0814hr, Dr Gordon pulled me out of Mummy. At first I was all bluish because of the water I was soaked in. Daddy wasn't aware of that and thought that something has happened to me. Before he could get his camera to take the very first shot of me, I was all pinky again... much to the relieve of my Daddy.



The nurse put me on a tray and cleaned me up and then cut my ambilical cord. It feels strange because for 9 months I have relied on that cord to feed me, now I guess Mummy will feed me with her milk and help me grow even bigger and stronger. We took our first family picture with the help of Mummy's anesthesian before they wheeled me out with Daddy to be completely cleaned up. Mummy was left in the theatre to be patched back so that she will be pretty again.

So you wanna know my stats? here goes....
For those of you who cannot really see, I was born 3.175kg, 52cm long with a head circumference of 36cm. Please buy me a toy if you make money with those numbers okie...



There were many aunties and uncles who came to visit Mummy and Daddy and also to see me. Thank you everyone for visiting us and also for the presents. Mummy has lots of chicken essence and bird's nest to drink now...

On Christmas Eve at 11am, the doctor gave me a thorough check up and said that I am good to go. The friendly nurse gave me a shower and changed me into my own clothes. Unfortunately Daddy had to go back to the office to meet an important client so Gu Jeong San and Nai Nai came to pick Mummy and me up.

The ride home was very smooth and soon I was back home. I like my new home as it looks very comfortable. Daddy has prepared my cot next to Mummy's side of the bed so she can check on me easily. Mummy also told me Daddy has cleaned my mattress thoroughly so I don't have any bed bugs sleeping with me. I continue sleeping the whole of Christmas Eve and woke up occasionally for Mummy to feed me.

Christmas Day was no exception. I continue my beauty sleep and woke up for either Mummy or Aunty Jia Ming to feed me. Today I also showered for the first time at home. Daddy continue cleaning up the house today because we do not have a maid at the moment so he is helping out with the chores. Nai Nai has quite a lot to do and she looks tired.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Reuben! Merry First Christmas & soon ... Happy 1st New Year! Congratulations to the happy Mama too!

p/s: Such good sense of timing! CNY in a few weeks some more! But word of advice ...... establish the rules from the start. Birthday presents do NOT cover Christmas presents and vice versa!!