Friday, March 20, 2009

5 in 1 Injection

This morning Mummy and Daddy brought me to the Marine Parade Polyclinic for my 5 in 1 injection due on my 3rd month. We had a couple of choices as to where we can take this injection. Dr Junior the Paediatrician charges the highest, followed by the GP and of course the Polyclinic is the most reasonable. Mummy and Daddy decided to try out the Polyclinic as they were told most people go there so the vaccine is fresh with regular replenishment. Of course the disadvantage is that it will be crowded and we have to wait. As it turns out, we were given priority because of me so we didn't even have to wait at all.

Nurse Chew was very nice and patient as she took my weight and height and also asked Mummy a couple of questions as it was our first time there. By the way, I now weigh 6.8kg and measure 64.5cm in height. I am average with my weight and above average with my height. Daddy hopes I will grow up tall because he thinks height is not easy to improve. However, he doesn't mind me heavy as it is easier to lose weight.

I have developed thrush around my lips due mostly to the usage of unclean pacifier or bottle teats. Mummy suspects it is the pacifier as I often spit it out and after rolling around the bed/pram/rocker, it is stuffed back into my mouth. Doctor Yap says it is not very serious and will prescribe some medication to be applied on the troubled spots. Should be fine soon.

Finally I had to take the injection with Nurse Chew. She was very gentle and I was very brave and cried only a little after the injection. Daddy was very proud of me as he expected me to scream since my first experience 1 month ago with Dr Junior was not very pleasant. I fell asleep quite soon after and both Mummy and Daddy were pleasantly surprised.



Before going to Bishan to meet Ah Mah, we stopped by Daddy's office cos Jean JIE JIE wanted to see me and play with me. I also met Aunty Elaine, Liya Jie Jie and Cheryl Jie Jie. Aunty Jazz was very entertaining as usual and sang me a funny song that shut me up. I wasn't sure if I was stunned or entertained as I sat there and watched her perform.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Reuben, saw ur clip. U were very brave, din cry much during d injection. Ermmm...Am i scarier than d injection cos u cried more when u saw me??? And btw, can u ask ur PaPa why I'm Aunty and Liya n Cheryl are jie jie??? Posted by Jean JIE JIE