Saturday, February 14, 2009

Not So Happy Valentine's Day

Mummy told me it is St Valentine's Day today. Everywhere around the world candy, flowers, and gifts are exchanged between loved ones. There are many legends behind the story of St Valentine's but the most popular contends that Valentine was a priest who served during the third century in Rome. When Emperor Claudius II decided that single men made better soldiers than those with wives and families, he outlawed marriage for young men — his crop of potential soldiers. Valentine, realizing the injustice of the decree, defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret. When Valentine's actions were discovered, Claudius ordered that he be put to death.

It wasn't so happy for me today as Mummy and Daddy had to bring me to the doctor because my nose is completely blocked and I had trouble breathing while drinking my milk, causing me to sometimes choke. Dr Hiew checked me and said that my nose is indeed blocked and hardly any air can go through. As such, I have to breath through my mouth and that causes my tummy to be big. So I am actually not fat as some of you have been led to think. Dr Hiew also updated my weight as 5.8kg.

No comments: