Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Goodbye Burpy

We were told that hamsters don't live very long, but this was not what we expected. The day started normally and I took a look at Burpy before I left for school this morning. As usual, Burpy will be sleeping and I will not disturb him. When I got home in the afternoon, Burpy was still motionless and I knew something was not very right. Nai Nai was over at the house like all other Wednesdays and Daddy and Mommy had to attend an event so there were not home. When I finally confirmed that Burpy has passed away (for reasons we will never find out), I called Mummy and cried out to her. I was beyond words and Nai Nai had to tell them what actually happened. 

We buried Burpy the next day at the open space in front of our balcony so that I can always visit him whenever I misses him. I was very sad. After the burial, I took a packet of gummies and sat at the balcony watching over Burpy. 

Goodbye Burpy, you were a great hamster!


No comments: